Class Overview & Information
Our Middle School Program offers two combination classes. Each class meets once a week with a complete course of instruction in History, Science, and Literature. Our Middle School Curriculum is built on a three year cycle and a student may enter any year. In addition to our CORE class, Math classes are offered for 6th Grade and above two days a week through our Elective Program. All Elective classes are available for our 8th grade students. Each Elective class are High School level and students may earn a High School elective credit.
- Intermediate to Advanced Note-taking and Study Skills
- Emphasis on mastery of the material
- Writing 1-2 page essays with strong introductions and conclusions.
- Independent research as well as how to write a research paper
- Reading and Understanding Adult Literary Classics
- Delivering Oral Presentations and Speeches
- Homework assignments each week require parental supervision
- Expect 2.5 to 3 hours daily on RGES homework when not in class.
- Parents should instruct additional subjects daily when not in class:
COURSE OF STUDY
- U.S. History
- Hans Brinker or The Silver Skates
- Treasure Island
- Robinson Crusoe
- Henry IV, Part I
The academic program includes map study, Latin and Greek Root Word Instruction for vocabulary building and writing. Students are also instructed through the steps of researching and writing a research paper for history class.
REDEMPTION HILL CHURCH